The feeling of a fresh manicure is truly unmatched. Whenever I get a fresh manicure I feel like I’ve taken care of business, life is on the right track now. Can you relate? Nail care has always played a huge role in my self-care routines that the process of a manicure refresh is something I really enjoy. I thought it would be fun to try out some new spring nail art with my girls. We were really excited about the look we came up with together and are sharing our favorite Mommy and Me spring nail art.
Ahead are some cute, dazzling and easy-to-do spring nail ideas that you and your mini can use for inspiration in creating your own Mommy and Me spring nail art. Then, I’ve included some tips on how to make your adorable manicures last longer. As a former hand model, hand and nail care is something I’ve always focused on, and I’ve picked up some tricks along the way. We used polish as well as these cute nail art stickers to get our matching Mommy and Me spring nail art.
Spring Nail Art
5 Simple Nail Care Tips to Help your Manicure Last Longer
1. Residual oils on your nail beds can shorten the lifespan of your manicure. Before applying any nail polish, apply nail polish remover on a cotton ball and massage the debris, oils and dirt off nails. This really helps with extending the life of nail polish. This nail polish remover contains aloe and lavender so it’s gentle on nails while quickly removing nail polish.
2. Always use a base coat. It prevents your nails from being stained by darker polishes. This base coat helps harden nails for a strengthening effect, and can also be used as a top coat for an extra level of protection to the nail, and also to your manicure. It’s a quick dry and long lasting formula that I recommend.
3. Paint in thin layers and use high-quality polish. You’ll notice the difference in the life of your manicure when using a high quality polish like these from Nails Inc. They are also formaldehyde, phthalate, paraben free, as well as being cruelty-free, gluten free and vegan.
4. Add a layer of clear top coat every few days! It helps with sealing off any areas that may be starting to chip and will brighten your manicure, giving it a freshly done look.
5. Keep your cuticles hydrated! Get into the habit of massaging cuticle oil on your nails daily, even more than once a day. I always keep a bottle or tube of cuticle oil either in my car or by my keys on the way out the door. My hands look nice when I go out, and it’s also a great reminder to treat your nails.
If you have a little girl, do you have any favorite Mommy and Me spring nail art looks?