This post is c/o Olive and June.
The feeling of a fresh manicure is truly unmatched. Whenever I get a fresh manicure I feel like I’ve taken care of business, life is on the right track now. Can you relate? Nail care has always played a huge role in my self-care routines that the process of a manicure refresh is something I really enjoy. I thought it would be fun to try out some new spring nail art with my girls. We were really excited about the look we came up with together and are sharing our favorite Mommy and Me spring nail art.
Ahead are some cute, dazzling and easy-to-do spring nail ideas that you and your mini can use for inspiration in creating your own Mommy and Me spring nail art. Then, I’ve included some tips on how to make your adorable manicures last longer. As a former hand model, hand and nail care is something I’ve always focused on, and I’ve picked up some tricks along the way. We used polish as well as these cute nail art stickers to get our matching Mommy and Me spring nail art.
Our absolute favorite polishes are Olive and June. If you haven’t tried them yet, I highly recommend. Not only is the company woman owned, though the polishes are “7-free” which means they are clear of the seven most harmful chemicals that are found in typical nail polishes. This includes dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide or xylene. Olive and June’s formulas are also vegan and cruelty free.
You can use the code Jaimie20 to get 20% off your order. The Olive and June site is so much fun to navigate. I love the oh so trendy polish collections, though polishes can also be purchased a la carte, and the way they arrange the ability to shop the site. It’s also an uplifting shopping experience, with notes on who and what inspired the different colors.
Olive and June is also known for their Manicure and Pedicure Systems. These are kits that contain all the needed essentials for the perfect home mani and pedi. They really thought of everything, my favorite item is the little brush that is dipped in the also included nail polish remover to clean up the sides of the nail after painting. Check out the complete collection of items in each kit.
Explore the Pedicure System
Explore the Manicure System
Spring Nail Art
5 Simple Nail Care Tips to Help your Manicure Last Longer
1. Residual oils on your nail beds can shorten the lifespan of your manicure. Before applying any nail polish, apply nail polish remover on a cotton ball and massage the debris, oils and dirt off nails. This really helps with extending the life of nail polish. This nail polish remover contains aloe and lavender so it’s gentle on nails while quickly removing nail polish.
2. Always use a base coat. It prevents your nails from being stained by darker polishes. This base coat helps harden nails for a strengthening effect, and can also be used as a top coat for an extra level of protection to the nail, and also to your manicure. It’s a quick dry and long lasting formula that I recommend.
3. Paint in thin layers and use high-quality polish. You’ll notice the difference in the life of your manicure when using a high quality polish like these from Nails Inc. They are also formaldehyde, phthalate, paraben free, as well as being cruelty-free, gluten free and vegan.
4. Add a layer of clear top coat every few days! It helps with sealing off any areas that may be starting to chip and will brighten your manicure, giving it a freshly done look.
5. Keep your cuticles hydrated! Get into the habit of massaging cuticle oil on your nails daily, even more than once a day. I always keep a bottle or tube of cuticle oil either in my car or by my keys on the way out the door. My hands look nice when I go out, and it’s also a great reminder to treat your nails.
If you have a little girl, do you have any favorite Mommy and Me spring nail art looks?